The Flight Controller firmware can be updated on the H109s. You can do this by plunging the drone into you computer via the USB port on the left side of the drone and using the update tool Version 1 or Version 3. When doing this try version 1 if that fails try version 3. It depends on what firmware version your using and the current firmware on your drone.
Please note that if this goes wrong you could brick your drone and require a new FC board. The only thing that can go wrong is if you unplug the USB cable, if you have a power cut during the update or if you put the wrong firmware on the FC for instance the Tx or Rx firmware.
Step by Step Instructions
- Identify the correct firmware for your drone ALPHA or BRAVO; go to the drone type page if your unsure.
- Plug the drone in to your computer via USB.
- Connect the battery to the drone.
- Wait for your computer to recognise the drone.
- The drone will beep every couple of seconds and the lights will be purple in colour.
- Open update tools version 1 or 3, click “open file” and select the firmware you want to upload then click the “upgrade” button and wait for the upgrade to be completed. If you get an error don’t worry. Unplug the drone and start from step 1 using the other version of the upgrade tool.
- The LEDs on the drone will flash amber when the upgrade is successfully completed.
You can download the firmware for your drone and the update tools from the resources section.